Friday, May 4, 2012

Catching up- last week


Monday April 23- Day 54

I had Spanish in the morning and spent a couple hours in the café with Susan getting some stuff done. When Maddie got out of her class we all went to the bus station to get our tickets to Buenos Aires before our flight to Ushuaia on Friday. After that the three of us took the bus to my house so I could share my cake with them a bit. My host parents’ daughter Eleonora was over too during her lunch hour at wok so she got to try some too. Maddie and I headed to one of the streets with lots of shops to look for hats and gloves that we will want in Ushuaia and then went running together a little later. I’m going to be feeling that this week. I spent the evening at home doing homework I put off over the weekend and we had some delicious pasta for dinner! Instead of marinara sauce it was a little bit of cream, maybe some olive oil, and it had red and yellow peppers and spinach diced up in it. Wouldn’t mind having that one again!

Day 55- Tuesday April 24th

I had class all day today. Our usual Spanish and history classes and then we had a quick lunch break and had to come back to watch a movie for the project class. I felt like I was in high school again having to be at school from 8:30-4:30. Yuck. I came home and did some journaling and homework before soup, salad, and chicken for dinner. I went to English class for the first time in a while and then came home to finish my homework for Wednesday’s communication class.

Day 56- Wednesday April 25th

Today wasn’t very exciting. It was dreary and eventually a little rainy and I didn’t do much more than go to my classes and come back to my house to study for my Spanish test tomorrow. I recall thinking on Monday how far away Thursday seemed… well, test time came a lot faster than I thought it would!

Day 57- Thursday April 26th

I had my UCEL class and then my test this morning. I didn’t think it was too bad, but I won’t find out for another week. There is a holiday on Tuesday so we have a long weekend with no classes on Monday or Tuesday, so I am traveling with a group to Ushuaia, Argentina. We are leaving in two separate groups of four, but we’re all staying in the same hostel and spending a couple days together with a guide our professor recommended to us when she went a few weeks ago. I walked around the shops on Cordoba with Susan and Tunna, a girl we know through volunteering, for a while and then I spent the afternoon getting everything packed and trying to find all my warmest clothes, because it is chilly in the fall in the southernmost city in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment