Monday, May 21, 2012

The weekend


Friday May 18th- Day 79

I had classes this morning and then I stayed in the café so I could skype with Lottie and do some of our online homework before I went home. I hung around the house in the afternoon since it was a rainy and gross day out and got ready for dinner because it’s Maddie’s birthday and her host mom invited Susan and I over for dinner. We went over there around 9pm and we had a delicious meal together. We had crepes that were filled with ricotta and spinach (there’s a name for it, but I forgot), a slice of pork with some sauce on it, fruit salad, and probably one of the best birthday cakes I’ve had in my life- so many different layers! We were all stuffed, but then we had to head to the apartment of one of the ambassadors because they had organized a little fiesta for Maddie’s birthday as well so there was a good group of people together for the night.

Day 80- Saturday May 19th

I slept in today and didn’t do much in the morning. I went running and worked out in the afternoon and attempted to make plans, but that never happened so it was a pretty uneventful day. After my dinner of what my host dad called “Mexican meat” since it was spicy (and pretty darn good I might add) I decided I’d watch some TV at and started watching a movie in Spanish, but then during a commercial I flipped through channels and saw the beginning of Forrest Gump so I ended up watching that instead even though it was in English with subtitles in Spanish. I can never resist watching my favorites!

Sunday May 20th- Day 81

Today was pretty uneventful as well. Maddie and I met in the park and looked at the few artisans that were out and then just sat and talked for a while to get some fresh air. It’s another ugly day so we didn’t stay too long and on my walk home the rain finally started so we left just in time! The rest of the afternoon I worked on homework and looking up things for my trip to Mendoza next weekend. My host mom and I had empanadas for dinner and dulce de batata for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment